About Ann Bridgland → "Ann's History" Click on logo above for "Ann's Present"
Challenge and support for pupils and staff in the everyday classroom are at the heart of all Ann does. Research and practical approaches to learning, teaching & leadership underpin and shape her work. Ann firmly believes that effective professional interventions really make a difference to 'big' and 'small' learners.
Originally a teacher of French & German, Ann's earlier career includes roles as:
- Advisory Teacher:
- assessment and records of achievement;
- very able (gifted & talented) pupils
- Adviser and Senior Adviser in 2 Local Authorities:
- able, gifted & talented (AG&T) pupils and challenge for ALL;
- continuing professional development (CPD) for all staff; induction;
- leadership at all levels; performance management/appraisal;
- effective differentiation, thinking & questioning, independent learning;
- planning and performance; research & development; projects & publications;
- school self-evaluation & review; quality assurance (QA) and impact
- Project Coordinator:
- Lead Professional : National Government Gifted & Talented Programme;
- Project Leader : Regional Villiers Park Scholars Programme
All aspects continue to be significant in Ann's current work as a freelance trainer, coach, consultant, adviser.
"Evaluations continue to acknowledge the practical, do-able, everyday-classroom realism of Ann's work"
Related successes include:
- - giving evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee on AG&T;
- - consultant with the former Qualifications & Curriculum Authority;
- - writing and delivering national Fast Track Teachers' training for AG&T;
- - first Chair of the South-East AG&T Regional Partnership of Local Authorities;
- - accredited NACE Challenge Award assessor;
- - NPQH trainer, assessor and south-east Training Centre Manager, including quality assurance;
- - trainer for able, gifted & talented (AG&T), stretch & challenge for all learners, ongoing;
- - NACE tutor & writer, tutor/trainer for Osiris Educational, trainer/writer for Optimus Education, ongoing;
- - bespoke, practical INSET days, staff meetings and other in-school and central CPD, ongoing;
- - QA for the impact of CPD on learning, teaching and leadership, ongoing.
"Ann's career spans all educational phases and types of school."
- Publications include:
- - articles in Issues 70, 72 and 76 and the July/August 2012, September 2012, February 2013 and April 2013 Issues of "G&T Update";
- - articles in June 2012 and July/August 2012, October 2012, November 2012, April 2013 and May 2013 Issues of "CPD Update";
- - termly pieces for NACE/Rising Stars "G&TNow" Bulletin;
- - guest blogger for Rising Stars; guest blogger for Osiris Educational;
- - provider of News Updates and other guidance for NACE members' website.
Ann is happy to provide references, full work history and further details of bespoke services on request. Check out the tabs above! Contact her by clicking on ASK ANN