About Ann Bridgland → "Ann's History" Click on logo above for "Ann's Present"
Challenge and support for pupils and staff in the everyday classroom are at the heart of all Ann does. Research and practical approaches to learning, teaching & leadership underpin and shape her work. Ann firmly believes that effective professional interventions really make a difference to 'big' and 'small' learners.
Originally an experienced teacher of French & German, Ann's earlier career includes roles as:
- Advisory Teacher for:
- assessment and records of achievement;
- very able (gifted & talented) pupils
- Adviser and Senior Adviser in 2 Local Authorities, including:
- able, gifted & talented (AG&T) pupils and challenge for ALL (graded 1 by Ofsted);
- continuing professional development (CPD) for all staff; NQT induction; MA (Ed) Programme Coordinator;
- leadership at all levels; newly-appointed headteachers; performance management/appraisal;
- do-able differentiation, higher-order thinking & questioning, autonomous learning;
- planning and performance; research & development; projects & publications; NPQH trainer/assessor
- school self-evaluation & review; quality assurance (QA) and impact
- Project Coordinator:
- Project Leader : Regional Villiers Park Scholars Programme
- National Lead Professional:
- Lead Professional across England : National Government Gifted & Talented Programme
All aspects continue to be significant in Ann's current work as a freelance trainer, coach, consultant, adviser.
"Evaluations continue to acknowledge the practical, do-able, everyday-classroom realism of Ann's work"
- - Trainer for able, gifted & talented (AG&T), stretch & challenge for all learners everyday, ongoing;
- - Trainer for Do-able Differentiation and Effective Questioning, ongoing;
- - Bespoke, practical INSET days, staff meetings and other in-school CPD, ongoing;
- - Trainer for Osiris Educational's Outstanding Teaching Intervention Programme, ongoing;
- - NACE trainer/writer, ongoing;
- - QA for the impact of CPD on learning, teaching and leadership, ongoing;
- - Writer and Trainer for Optimus Education;
- - Giving evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee on AG&T;
- - Consultant with the former Qualifications & Curriculum Authority;
- - LA/HEI MA (Ed) Programme Coordinator, graded 1 by Ofsted;
- - Writing and delivering national Fast Track Teachers' training for AG&T;
- - First Chair of the South-East AG&T Regional Partnership of Local Authorities;
- - NPQH trainer, assessor and south-east Training Centre Manager, including quality assurance;
"Ann's career spans all educational phases and types of school."
- Publications include:
- - commissioned articles in Issues 70, 72 and 76 and the July/August 2012, September 2012, February 2013, April 2013, June 2013, July/August (Hub) 2013 Issues of Optimus Education's "G&T Update";
- - commissioned articles in June 2012 and July/August 2012, October 2012, November 2012, April 2013, May 2013, June 2013 and July/August 2013 Issues of Optimus Education's "CPD Update";
- - 'Questioning for Challenge' DIY CPD published by Optimus Education February 2014
- - commissioned termly pieces for NACE/Rising Stars "G&TNow" Bulletin until November 2014;
- - commissioned provider of Updates and other guidance for NACE members' website, ongoing;
Ann is happy to provide references, full work history and further details of bespoke services on request. Contact her by clicking on ASK ANN