About Ann Bridgland → "Ann's History" Click on logo above for "Ann's Present"
Challenge and support for pupils and staff in the everyday classroom are at the heart of all Ann does. Research and practical approaches to learning, teaching & leadership underpin and shape her work. Ann firmly believes that effective professional interventions really make a difference to 'big' and 'small' learners.
Originally a Teacher of French & German, Ann's earlier career includes roles as:
- Advisory Teacher:
- assessment and records of achievement;
- very able (gifted & talented) pupils
- Adviser and Senior Adviser in 2 Local Authorities:
- able, gifted & talented (AG&T) pupils and challenge for ALL;
- continuing professional development (CPD) for all staff; NQT induction;
- leadership at all levels; newly-appointed headteachers; performance management/appraisal;
- do-able differentiation, higher-order thinking & questioning, autonomous learning;
- planning and performance; research & development; projects & publications; NPQH trainer/assessor
- school self-evaluation & review; quality assurance (QA) and impact
- Project Coordinator:
- Project Leader : Regional Villiers Park Scholars Programme
- National Lead Professional:
- Lead Professional across England : National Government Gifted & Talented Programme
All aspects continue to be significant in Ann's current work as a freelance trainer, coach, consultant, adviser.
"Evaluations continue to acknowledge the practical, do-able, everyday-classroom realism of Ann's work"
Related successes include:
- - Trainer for able, gifted & talented (AG&T), stretch & challenge for all learners everyday, ongoing;
- - Trainer for Do-able Differentiation and Effective Questioning, ongoing;
- - Bespoke, practical INSET days, staff meetings and other in-school CPD, ongoing;
- - Trainer for Outstanding Teaching Intervention Programme, ongoing;
- - NACE tutor & writer, tutor/trainer for Osiris Educational, trainer/writer for Optimus Education, ongoing;
- - SEF support for headteachers, ongoing;
- - QA for the impact of CPD on learning, teaching and leadership, ongoing;
- - Writer for Optimus Education Publications, Hub and Training Packs, ongoing
- - Giving evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee on AG&T;
- - Consultant with the former Qualifications & Curriculum Authority;
- - Writing and delivering national Fast Track Teachers' training for AG&T;
- - First Chair of the South-East AG&T Regional Partnership of Local Authorities;
- - Accredited NACE Challenge Award assessor;
- - NPQH trainer, assessor and south-east Training Centre Manager, including quality assurance;
"Ann's career spans all educational phases and types of school."
- Publications include:
- - commissioned articles in Issues 70, 72 and 76 and the July/August 2012, September 2012, February 2013, April 2013, June 2013, July/August (Hub) 2013 Issues of Optimus Education's "G&T Update";
- - commissioned articles in June 2012 and July/August 2012, October 2012, November 2012, April 2013, May 2013, June 2013 and July/August 2013 Issues of Optimus Education's "CPD Update";
- - commissioned termly pieces for NACE/Rising Stars "G&TNow" Bulletin;
- - guest blogger for Rising Stars and for Osiris Educational;
- - commissioned provider of ongoing Updates and other guidance for NACE members' website.
Ann is happy to provide references, full work history and further details of bespoke services on request. Check out the tabs above! Contact her by clicking on ASK ANN